Deinonychus antirrhopus


An attempt at reconstructing Deinonychus antirrhopus after a skeletal drawing by Scott Hartman.
Colouring and plumage borrowing from Harpy and Bateleur eagles as well as Bearded vulture.

There are a good deal of errors in there and it doesn't look as birdlike as it should...but it's a first step toward more serious paleoart.

Edit :  And here is V.02 !




I got great feedback on different forums so I decided to make some edits on the image :

- I  made the tail more muscular, particularly at the base (suggested by Emily Willoughby who linked this blog post by Scott Hartman himself which is an excerpt of this scientific paper by W. Scott Persons and Philip J. Currie)

 - I removed the tertial feathers. It is highly improbable that Deinonychus had tertial feathers. (I should probably remove the last top three feathers at the elbow too...)
- I edited the name to Deinonychus antirrhopus; without capitalization on the species name.
- And finally...I signed, because I always forget to.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment